Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Rewards

Sometimes the rewards of being a parent are few and far between.  Somedays can be downright hard, but man, when the rewards come, they are worth gold.  One day in early December I was feeling very witchy.  My kids were acting up and I was at my wits end trying to prepare with the busy-ness that happens around Christmas-time.  I had volunteered to visit Aaron's classroom to talk about some of our Christmas traditions.  I did the presentation and shared some homemade English Scones and Devonshire Cream with his class and then packed up my things and left.  As I was walking down the hall, Aaron burst out of the classroom and asked what the cream was called.  I told him, and he headed back into the classroom.  A few seconds later he burst out again and with a smirk on his face said, "What is it called again?"  I told his again and he entered the classroom again.  He came out a third time and came running down the hallway to give Isaac and me a hug and to tell us good-bye.  This moment made all of the sourness in my heart disappear.  It's amazing how much simple things can have such a powerful affect on our emotions.  

No comments: