Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hike to Upper Priest Lake

We took the kids on a hike to Upper Priest Lake on one of our last days there. It was so beautiful. You hike through an amazing Douglas Fir forest and then you drop down into old growth cedar before you reach the lake. The hike is really easy and a fun treat. Because Upper Priest is hard to get to, there really aren't alot of boats or people in the area. There is a stillness that feels very primitive that you don't really get in many spots on the lake. It was amazing. Everyone also camped on the Kalispell Island one of the nights. I stayed at the cabin. I can't remember why I didn't go, I either needed the convenience of a restroom or I wanted some peace and quiet, I don't remember. It was nice at first, but I ended up running an errand to the Tamrak and coming home to go to bed. I don't think they took any pictures while they were on the island, but the kids thought it was a great adventure to ride the boat over and then sleep in a tent on the island. This trip to Priest Lake ended up being one of the best, if not the best, we've every experienced.





































No comments: