Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy 13th Anniversary!

Joseph and I planned a date to the Foundry Grill for our anniversary this year.  It ended up being an unforgettable anniversary for so many unexpected reasons.  The first being that Joseph was cycling through the Alpine Loop from Highland to Provo and I was supposed to meet him in Provo so that Emily could watch our kids while we went to Sundance for our date.  I had to bring Joseph clothes and so I packed the kids in the car and ordered pizza to be delivered to Emily's house.  On our way there I said something that made Abby sick to her stomach and she said, "Mom I don't feel so good."  Did I mention we were driving a brand new Honda Odyssey.  Luckily when Joseph bought it, he paid extra to have rubber mats put in.  Abby threw up all over those rubber mats.  Brynn started screaming at Abby for throwing up and I started screaming at Brynn for yelling at Abby and then I started laughing.  Abby started to cry and said, "Why are you laughing at me?!"  I said, "I'm not laughing at you!  I'm laughing that this is my life!"  Never a dull moment.  I got to Emily's house to have Emily come out with little Stephen and then a few steps later, Joseph came out wrapped in a towel.  It did not look good!  I told him to get back in the house.  Emily lives in an apartment connected to Stephen's (her husband) parents.  There are people there all the time and others coming to and from.  Having him walk out naked was not the right picture.  Abby assured us that she wasn't sick and so we left her there and made our date to Sundance.  We didn't stay too long for fear Abby might be covering up an illness, but as it turned out, she wasn't sick.  She ate pizza a was fine.  Just your regular old isolated puking episode.  Well Happy Anniversary Babe!


No comments: